- https://phys.org/news/2020-03-health-coral-reefs-largest-marine.htmlThe Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation (KSLOF) has published their latest findings from the Global Reef Expedition—the largest coral reef survey and mapping expedition in history. Released today, the “Global Reef Expedition: Cook Islands [...]
- https://www.scubatravel.co.uk/redsea/jordandive.htmlTerrific coral with turtles and napoleon wrasse. Original Title: Why scuba dive in Jordan? Full Text of the Original Article: https://www.scubatravel.co.uk/redsea/jordandive.html
- https://news.scubatravel.co.uk/corals-unclear-waters-less-affected-temperature-stress.htmlPersistent temperature stress is degrading coral reefs worldwide, but a new study by Florida Institute of Technology scientists has found that corals in naturally turbid waters are less affected by thermal stress than corals in [...]
- https://climaterealityproject.org/blog/coral-reefs-gulf-mexico-are-under-threat When you think of the Gulf of Mexico, what comes to mind are probably majestic sandy beaches, great fishing and outdoor sports, and – not coincidentally – some of the most diverse and glorious [...]
- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200303140236.htmA study that relied on citizen scientists to monitor the health of corals on Turks and Caicos Islands in the Caribbean from 2012 to 2018 found that 35 key coral species remained resilient during a [...]
- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200303113246.htmA new study shows that stony corals, which provide food and shelter for almost a quarter of all ocean species, are preparing for a major extinction event. Researchers identified an increased prevalence of 5 traits [...]
- https://www.channel4.com/news/heathrow-expansion-ruled-unlawful-by-court-of-appealClimate change campaigners have been celebrating tonight – after plans to build a third runway at the UK’s biggest airport were thrown into doubt at the Court of Appeal.
- https://www.channel4.com/news/the-human-cost-of-flooding-the-struggle-to-rebuild-from-devastating-uk-floods-has-only-just-begunFor the communities left badly damaged by flooding – the struggle to rebuild has only just begun.
- https://www.solarpowerworldonline.com/2020/02/senate-energy-bill-includes-investment-in-solar-and-energy-storage/After a full year of hearings, business meetings and bipartisan negotiations, U.S. Senators Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Joe Manchin (D-WV), today released the text of their energy innovation package. The American Energy Innovation Act (AEIA) [...]
Air Pollution Animals Australia Australia news Birds Business Carbon climate climate change Climate impacts Conservation coral reef Coral Reefs Earth Sciences Environment Energy Environment EPA Europe Fish Catch Fossil fuels Global Warming Greenhouse Gas Emissions Greenhouse gases Greenouse Gases hurricane Local News methane natural resources news Oceans Politics pollution Science Shark Sharks top Top stories Travel UK news US news Whales wildfire Wildfires Wildlife World news