- https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/diving-sector-in-dire-straits-as-virus-dries-up-activity.797502Lifting of the flight ban in July unlikely to reverse this worrying trend, a survey has found. Original Title: Malta's Diving sector in dire straits as virus dries up activity Full Text of the Original [...]
- https://news.scubatravel.co.uk/corona-virus-impacts-travelling-divers.htmlDiving island destinations are imposing new regulations on travellers entering their countries who have visited anywhere else with incidents in the last fortnight. Original Title: Corona Virus Impacts Pacific Island Divers Full Text of the [...]
- http://scubatravel.co.uk/europe/portugal-diving.htmlAs well as the diving around mainland Portugal, there is splendid diving in the Azores and Madeira archipelagos which sit way out in the Atlantic. Original Title: Diving Portugal, Madeira and the Azores Full Text [...]
- https://www.scubadiving.com/when-life-gives-you-lionfish-make-carpaccio?dom=rss-default&src=syn TravelIn Barbados, the local community works together to keep lionfish off the coral reefs and on the menu. Original Title: When Life Gives You Lionfish, Make Carpaccio! Full Text of the Original Article: https://www.scubadiving.com/when-life-gives-you-lionfish-make-carpaccio?dom=rss-default&src=syn
- https://insideclimatenews.org/news/16072020/climate-change-new-york-city-metro-subway-coronavirus-mass-transit Transit agencies ask Congress for relief as commuters return to their cars and fare revenues tank. Meanwhile, driving direction requests—and carbon emissions—soar. By Kristoffer Tigue Before the pandemic, Hailey Vogel lived an itinerant life [...]
- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200716144736.htmNew membrane technology developed by a team of researchers could help reduce carbon emissions and energy intensity associated with refining crude oil. Laboratory testing suggests that this polymer membrane technology could replace some conventional heat-based [...]
- http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_health/~3/M0uBkbTej-A/index.htmlAn antibody cocktail is now beginning late-stage clinical trials to evaluate the drug’s ability to prevent and treat coronavirus infection.
- https://www.cbsnews.com/video/mayor-warns-houston-hospitals-could-be-overwhelmed-in-2-weeks/Hospitals in Houston are running low on ICU beds as the projected COVID-19 peak is still weeks away. Texas recorded 3,449 new coronavirus cases Monday. Janet Shamlian reports.
- https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/07/06/887919633/aerosols-droplets-fomites-what-we-know-about-transmission-of-covid-19?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=healthA letter from over 200 scientists to the World Health Organization asks for further investigation into how the virus spreads. (Image credit: Peter Dazeley/Getty Images)
- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/miami-dade-county-shuts-down-indoor-dining-and-gyms-as-coronavirus-cases-surge/Since Florida began reopening, the Miami-Dade County’s daily rate for confirmed COVID-19 cases skyrocketed from about 300 a day to more than 2,000.
Air Pollution Australia news Birds Business Carbon climate change Congress Conservation Coral coral reef Coral Reefs Energy Environment EPA Fish Catch gear Global Warming Greenhouse Gas Emissions Greenhouse gases Greenouse Gases Health Impacts Local News Marine life methane natural resources news Oceans Politics pollution Science Shark Sharks Society top Top stories Travel UK news United States US news Whales wildfire Wildfires Wildlife World news